Interior Design: Traditional versus Transitional
Last month we compared different styles of home architecture and this month we are headed inside to compare different styles of interior design!
A look at Traditional Design.
Traditional design is focused on creating elegant, inviting, and warm comfort in a home. It is a timeless design.
To create a traditional design, generally the following elements should be included:
· Vibe: elegant, comfortable, inviting
· Materials: dark, finished woods
· Colors: rich
· Fabrics: velvet, silk, brocade
· Furniture: pieces with elaborate details
· Accessories: used in abundance to create a layered dimension throughout the space
A look at Transitional Design.
Transitional design combines traditional design and modern design. Focused on creating modern, relaxed space.
To create a transitional design, generally the following elements should be included:
· Vibe: balanced, relaxed and warm
· Materials: steel and glass
· Colors: neutral
· Fabrics: textured and plush
· Furniture: pieces with simple silhouettes such as rounded or rigid square edges
· Accessories: Used in abundance to create a personalized feel and visual appeal throughout the space
Both traditional and transitional interior designs focus on creating warm and inviting spaces with character. Would you choose either of these designs for your home?