With the turning of a new year often comes a time of change. Resolutions and goals are set and ambitions are high. We often set goals that involve changing ourselves and our lives. But have you ever thought to setting goals for your home? If you are trying to change yourself, why not try to change your surroundings as well. Below are some ideas to bring newness and change into your home this coming new year.
· Start a New Cleaning Routine. Do you clean the entire house in one day? Or do you break up the cleaning into multiple days? Sure there are the daily tasks such as dishes, laundry, etc. But then there’s typically the weekly cleaning of bathrooms, floors, sheets, etc. Start the new year with a fresh cleaning routine. Buy yourself some new (preferably natural) cleaning supplies. Chart out how you will tackle the chores and who will do it. Having a cleaning schedule and sticking to it will help you feel balance and calmness.
· Chart out your 2021 Maintenance/Repair Schedule. Make a list of things that need to be checked around the house. For example, air filters, smoke detector batteries, refrigerator filters, etc. This way you can mark the calendar to make maintenance easier. If there are things around the house you’ve been meaning to repair, put that on the calendar and schedule the necessary appointments. Don’t forget to look at your budget when scheduling repairs.
· Rearrange furniture. Sometimes all it takes is a little rearranging to make your home feel new and fresh.
· Add some new décor. Adding in some new throw pillows or wall art can also bring a feeling of newness. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for a room as well. Change doesn’t have to be expensive!
· Clean and clear. Take the time to go through each room in your home and get rid of anything you haven’t used in the last year. If it’s gone an entire year without use, what are the chances you’ll use it in the future? Clearing out rooms can be overwhelming, so schedule accordingly. Maybe clean one room a week or even one a month.
Take these tips and turn your new year into a fresh and calm start!