- Tim Kraemer
Summertime in Southern Wisconsin
Summertime is right around the corner for us Wisconsinites. And you know what that means? Backyard barbeques, days at the lake and road trips. Southern Wisconsin has a lot to offer in the summertime! We’ve compiled a list of ideas for summer fun this year!
· Spend a day at the lake. There are plenty of lakes in the area including: Lake Mendota, Lake Monona, Lake Wisconsin, Lake Delton, Devil’s Lake, and more!
· Go kayaking, canoeing or floating. There are rentals available in both Sauk and Dane counties.
· Visit the Reindahl Park Splash Pad in Madison
· Check out the many waterparks in Wisconsin Dells
· There are many, many different trails in the Madison area. A simple internet search will give you plenty of options to choose from. Some of our favorites include: Devil’s Lake State Park, Great Sauk State Trail, Glacial Drumlin State Trail, Blue Mound State Park and Kettle Moraine State Forest.
· Golf: The American Family Insurance Championship takes place in Madison where some of golf’s biggest stars hit the greens. Typically takes place in June.
· Mad-City Ski Team performs aquatic acrobatics on Lake Monona. Shows are free in Law Park in Madison on Sunday evenings.
· Madison Mallards is Madison’s summer baseball team which plays at Warner Park’s Duck Pond.
These are just a few things to get the summertime activity ideas going! Southern Wisconsin has many more fun activities to offer! If we tried to list them all we’d be here for much too long!