- Tim Kraemer
Yard Makeover Comfort and Shade
Dare we say spring has sprung?! Spring in Wisconsin is such a glorious time of regrowth and renewal. It’s a time of cleaning, clearing and project tackling. It’s a great time to start building the vision of your yard. To plant, rake and remake what winter has left a mess. Before we know it we will be in the middle of the hot days of summer. Do yourself a favor and put in some yard work now, so on those hot days you can sit back and relax in the comfort and shade of your yard. We’ve compiled some ideas for you to include comfort and shade into your yard this year.
Comfort: If you’re going to spend a lot of time outdoors, why not make it comfortable?!
How can you cozy up that back deck/patio/yard?
· Add outdoor cushions and pillows to furniture.
· Get an outdoor rug to cover the main sitting area.
· Add an outdoor fan to keep the air moving.
· Decorate for two purposes by using bug repellant plants, candles or lanterns.
· Add in some string lights to set the mood.
Shade: Make sure you have areas of shade to provide relief on the hot days. How can you include shake?
· Add in a pergola.
· Get an outdoor umbrella.
· Strategically place furniture where natural shade occurs from the house and trees around.
When adding comfort and shade items to your yard, keep in mind what type of bugs or animals they may attract. Bats, frogs and bugs like to hide in umbrellas. Bees/wasps are attracted to bright colors, floral patterns, and sweet scents. Be aware of what you may be drawing in along with that comfort and shade!
May spring be officially sprung.